Jennifer Ward is the author of numerous wildly fun picture books for children, including Because You Are My Baby, There Was a Coyote Who Swallowed a Flea, Way Out in the Desert, Over in the Garden, Forest Bright/ Forest Night, The Seed and the Giant Saguaro, The Little Creek and forthcoming, The Busy Tree (Marshall Cavendish, 2009). Her books have received many honors, including a Governor’s First Grade Pick for the states of Arizona and New Jersey, a Parents’ Choice Award, recom- mendation by the National Science Teacher’s Association, a Book Sense Summer Pick, and a Teachers’ Choice Award for best children’s book. Her writing often rollicks with rhythm and rhyme while instill- ing a love of the great outdoors. She lives in Illinois.
- Keep ’em Reading: What Are You Wading For?
Great beach books and cross-curricular activities for young readers.
- Curriculum Connections: Ocean Life
Scrambled word game and ocean animals worksheets.
- Freebies, Doodads & Helpful Hints
Earth Day word search and reader rabbit reproducibles.
- Technology: Coral Reef Detectives Webquest
An undersea “whodunit” for your gumshoe readers!
- Author Extensions: Ashley Bryan
Turtle rattle and cat/rat stick puppet activities.
- Library Lessons: Toy Boat
Activities and reproducible worksheets.
- Keep ’em Reading: Great Books to Count On
Edible Eratosthenes worksheet and answer key.
- Storytime: The Friendliest Monsters in Town
The Monster Pokey.